Friday 25 June 2010

Long hair and on drugs!

I can't believe it! I've actually been watching pop stars and modern music and that. Its been on the telly, in a field somewhere in England. Looks bloody hot! And there's all tents and that.

And what is wrong with that Scottish girl doing the announcing thing? Has she never seen a hairbrush then? And what about a bit of mascara? I mean you're not THAT young, love, go and smarten yourself up - eh?

There was a young man on there with a microphone, called Reg. Well, I immediately thought of my cousins' husband of the same name, who was such a miserable bastard. And despite that one being bald and fat, while this one on the telly was young, trim and black - still hated him for having that very same name.

And what's that Rascal bloke about then? Talking crap and that? And what's HE wearing, for Gods sake? An England T-shirt and white plimsols and shorts? Does he not realise he's going to be on stage and TV and that? If I was his mum, I'd grab him and put him in a suit with a tie and that. I mean these pop stars!!!

Saw a nice lot of young men singing and playing guitars. Vampire something or other. And I'm going to see a pop group called Monkeys or something at 11 pm.

What fun this modern pop thing is. But if I had my way, I'd have Rolf Harris, Willie Nelson and Stevie Wonder and Pet Shop Boys on there. The oldies and goodies. Oh, hang on a minute.....

4 comments:

Polly said...

Ahh Glastonbury, Id love to go before Im way way too old. We have something similar here called Big Day Out - DD and I still pop along some years mind you rather than drinking outselves silly we actually go to enjoy the music these days!! Are you talking about Vampire Weekend? Ive just checked the site and yes i think you are. Great band aren't they. I really love the return to folk something for everyone!

We are doing great over here, hope you are too. xx

Suburbia said...

Laughing a LOT !

Mean Mom said...

I can't pretend to be knowledgeable about anything that goes on at Glastonbury, but I'm glad that you're nearly finding it entertaining, anyway! ;0) I can't believe that Shirley Bassey has turned up there in the past, though. Our tv is stuck on sport this week, due to youngest son's addiction. Cricket, football, tennis. Every time I look up, it's something different.

Stigmum said...

You should get a column on NME!! You're a skilled and very funny reviewer!! xxx