Wednesday 10 September 2008

Welcome to the Ciggarette Diaries

Er - Yes, Hello and welcome.

This is a blog by a Mum who is looking at 50 very soon. A new era - so they tell me.

I knew my scribblings would never so sophisticated and theatrical as Simon Grays' The Smoking Diaries so I've made a downmarket version.

I live in a tiny house in West London (well, Middlesex really), with my daughter 12 and my son 9, nearly 10. My Husband who will be known as Grumpy and my controlling cat who will simply be known as Cat. This house is either shrinking or we are outgrowing it. Not sure which.

I work in the local supermarket as a part-time cashier - meaning i'm on the checkouts and er- thats it. My world is very small but (I think) entertaining and is filled with so many things.
And yes, I smoke. Don't know whether to be proud or ashamed. As Oliver James said about his nicotine habit - I'm not proud of smoking but I'm not ashamed of it either. What a man eh?

Well, this is it for now. Am feeling a terrible need to describe my life up to now - maybe thats a 50 thing, I don't know. But I also need to whinge about my kids and schools and friends and that. So watch this space.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to be the first to post a comment. I too am new to blogging, started about a month ago and am addicted. It is a place where you can tell your stories, the unvarnished truth or an elaborate concoction like that of-[http://theadventuresofunpeuloufoque.blogspot.com/]
We become friends although the chances are we will never meet. People react to your posts with every type of emotion and spur you on to do things you thought you never would. Keep going, and welcome to the club.Came to you from http://fatfrumpyandfifty.blogspot.com/

Saz said...

Hi and welcome to the land of blog!

I am fairly new to my own personal blog, at http://frumpandfifty.blogspot.com/

I started to blog here just before my 50th birthday earlier this year, as l felt l may have to rant and vent regularly and find it compelling, funny, sad, exciting, interesting and habit forming (be warned).

I;m sure you;ll love it and enjoy the company...

I will add you to my blog list...a big tip would be to follow other blogs links and leave comments often on posts you like, and they will reciprocate. If you can add images, taking advantage of 'abc wednesday' and 'photo story fridays' are a great advantage...there are links of both on my blog, so follow them for info.

Take care, good luck and enjoy

Saz

Elsie Button said...

hello, am looking forward to reading more...

Jennysmith said...

What a great response. Thank you so much for your warm welcome - and the useful tips. Need all the advice I can get. This is such a new and exciting world.

Hope we chat again soon

Suburbia said...

Hi !
Just found you are a ''follower'' of mine!
Sounds a bit creepy doesn't it?!
Welcome to blogging. Looking forward to reading more:)