Tuesday 30 September 2008

Domestic disputes

Well, thought i'd get a quick one in before putting on my lunch. Have a frozen sweet and sour chicken to eat before going to work. Am scared to go to The Supermarket today in case that unpleasant bloke from Friday has complained about me. But you can't put these things off. And the man was Asian. Frightened they will turn it into one of those Hate crimes. Still that nice young boy in the next till at the time told me that he would punch him in the nose for me. And he was Asian. And I would have certainly refused to serve a white person if he or she spoke to me like that too.

Anyway, stuff it, I'll just go back bloody home.

Well, last night, as you know was a Monday night. This really is the worse night of the week, especially as winter approaches. The first night of the working week and the night you're the most tired. So thought i'd have a relaxing evening with the kids and Husband (No supermarket that night). Well, who was I kidding??? Husband said he'd do supper. He likes to do it so i don't argue. BUT the moment i sat down for some quality time, the washing machine needed emptying. Sit down again, the dishwasher needed emptying. Sat down then realised i hadn't done the washing up! Sat down again and it was time for Daughter's bath. Husband does Son's bath, I do Daughter's.

And then after supper at about 9 pm, i had a pile of sewing to do. At least when I go to the Supermarket, i'm paid for it! Thought i'd put today aside and catch up with some reading, it is now 12.15 and have I read anything????

Going out tomorrow. Don't care where.

10 comments:

Marie and John said...

When I was in the civil service it didn't bother me who they were, if they were abusive to me, I'd put the phone down. It really annoys me when they play the 'race card'.

I always think the days and nights drag in winter. There's only one thing I like about winter and that's Christmas.

Enjoy your quality time tomorow - you deserve it...

xx

Suburbia said...

Ha, sounds like my day yesterday!!Except I've saved the sewing for tonight! Dessert island anyone?

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I finally went to bed at 1am last night. Had to wait for kids uniforms to finish in the machine and put them on the rads to dry...ex hub incapable of washing the uniforms on his weekends...plus, had guinea pigs to clean out, 2 dishwasher loads to do etc, etc....up again at dawn to get kids out, go to work etc....in my PJs now waiting for yet another load of washing...! How did I bloody get here!!!

Jennysmith said...

Thank you for your sweet comments Marie.

And yes, i know what you mean. There was a mum in my daughter's old class at Primary school who had a mixed-race daughter. And when her daughter wasn't invited to one particular party, she accused this mother of being racist. She really was a silly cow. But you do get these people who play the race card.

Went to Harrods today for a treat. bought a butter dish, would you believe, could have got one of those anywhere! Never mind, it was quality time.

How is your knee sweetie?

love xxx

Jennysmith said...

Hi Suburbia
Thank you for your comments. did you have a better day today?
Js xx

Jennysmith said...

Hello What Happened....

TWO dishwasher loads!! One does my brain in!

Yes, many a time I have sat up in nighties waiting for the wash to finish.

Looked at your blog, its good. AND I see you like the Archers. This is good indeed!


love xxx

Can Bass 1 said...

Ah, I'm with Philip Larkin as far as kids are concerned. It's so much easier when one merely has to bath oneself!

Marie and John said...

The painkillers are working a bit but it's still achy and I can't walk very far.

Having to spend my days doing nothing - isn't that terrible...
xx

Jennysmith said...

Hi Can Bass 1, The only Larkin verse I know really well is This Be The Verse and that can put you off having kids.

Marie, knowing you, your version of doing nothing will be cutting out a pattern or going over your book or some other constructive thing. But must be a drag when you want to go to the loo or make a cup of tea and that....
hope it heals up soon. xxxx

Marie and John said...

Am I so predictable ! ! !

As we don't have a downstairs loo it's a case of do I need to go in the next 10 minutes. If so I'll set off now...

xx